"God must love the common man, He made so many of them..." Abraham Lincoln

Friday, August 1, 2008

Fixer-Upper



I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone, but I'm broke. Not flat busted broke, but broke enough. And I'm surrounded by broken stuff that I'm too broke to fix.

After a little tour around the house, I found lots of things that need to be fixed or replaced. May I share?

Kitchen: leaky pipes under the sink, broken oven door, burned-out burner, unreliable fridge, and noisy rusted-out dishwasher.

Living room and hallway: non-working electrical outlets and light switches.

Bathroom: non-working electrical outlets, non-working fun, and LEAKY tub taps.

Garage: broken garage door and LEAKY hot water heater.

Outside: two broken gates and rusted out down-spouts.

I would love to fix all of this but I just can't afford it. So I'm giving this list of repairs to the neighbors and ask them to pay for it all. Whaddya think?

Welcome to the world of school maintenance and bond measures. It's just like this...

No comments: